Saturday, October 1, 2011

Kino practicing Suryas A and B

Below is a video of Kino practicing Surya Namaskar A and B. Nothing flashy, just her doing the Suryas with powerful attention to drishti, breath and bandhas. Watching her, one gets the sense that the Suryas are really a microcosm of the entire practice: If one really pays attention to working on and refining the Suryas, one can literally awaken and open up every inch of the mind and body. In this way, the Suryas constitute a complete practice in and of themselves.

It is also worth noting that in Surya B, Kino squats a lot lower in Utkatasana than most people I have seen (including yours truly). Very interesting. I wonder if that works the quads more. I'll experiment with that the next time I practice :-) Anyway, I need to stop editorializing here, and simply let you enjoy the video :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment