Monday, August 1, 2011

Tubing, practice

I did not post anything over the weekend, as I was on the road. It seems that I have been bitten by the travel bug. After I returned from Matthew Sweeney's workshop last Thursday, I found myself feeling very restless and suffering from a case of wanderlust. So I decided to go with the flow, and travel some more. Over the weekend, we (my fiancee and I) went tubing down the Platte River here in Minnesota. This is actually my first tubing experience! It's funny how I never went tubing the whole time I lived in Florida. Here's a picture of some tubers in action:

(FYI: I am not in the picture)
[Image taken from here]

I find tubing to be a very therapeutic experience. You basically recline in the tube and let the river current move you downstream. I floated downstream for more than 3 miles this way, using my arms to paddle now and then in order to keep myself on course. Besides being very relaxing, it's also a good way to relieve any aches and pains that you may have in your muscles and joints from your yoga practice, as moving the limbs against water resistance is always therapeutic in this way :-) 

As a result of yesterday's tubing, this morning's practice felt smoother. I felt strong, but I also find it hard to recreate the intensity from MS's workshop last week. I was especially trying to recreate the powerful feeling of near-numbness in the quads as I did the backbends, but somehow, the intensity wasn't quite there. Hmm... am I a sucker for punishment, or what? :-) But seriously, I always have this experience with workshops; during the workshop, I would experience particular postures in a particularly intense way, but it is not easy to recreate this experience once I return from the workshop and am practicing on my own. Oh well, what to do? Keep working on it, I guess.

Well, this will be a short post, as my last couple of posts have been. I have errands to run today. Besides, I'm still trying to regain my "blogging muscles" after a couple of days of non-blogging :-) More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment